2017 was a whirlwind of a year. I started the year with a newborn, living with my parents, completly broke. I was learning to be a mom, trying to be a good employee and excel at my job, and balancing living with family again after almost 5 years of being on my own. Safe to say, this year tested my limits.
I laughed, I cried, I hurt, I succeeded, I failed, I loved, I sacrificed, and so much more. 2017 changed my life in ways I can barely describe. There were many moments I doubted myself as an adult, an employee, and a mother. There were moments I amazed myself with what I accomplished and what my child could do. There were moments I cried myself to sleep and wondered if I was fit to be a mom. There were so many happy and sad moments, I can’t even keep track of them all. But I did it, I survived and came out stronger on the other side.
I ended this year surrounded by family, in an amazing job, and living on my own. I have a healthy one year old boy, a new sister about to be added to my family, and so much love and support I could cry from sheer happiness. Every trial and tribulation I went through was to create me into the person and mother I am today. I know that there is still more to come and lots to learn, but when I look at my baby with crazy hair and his mommies eyes and know that every moment will be more than worth it.
So instead of “New Year, New Me’ I say lets crush some new goals.
For 2018, here are my goals:
- To keep my child growing healhy and happy. I want to expand his food palet and to spend more time with him outside of the house. I want to grow B’s food list and hope he will have a love of food like his mom. Also, we spent so much time inside the house outside of my work hours (I work from home, ergo inside all day long), and I want B to love the outdoors.
- To get good grades starting spring semester and will not let the stress of work, school, and parenthood consume me. I’m hoping to get accepted into the Diagnostic Imaging (Ultrasound) program in the fall or next spring and need to up my GPA to do so. I will also stick to a schedule so that I don’t feel overwhelmed with all my responsibilites like last year.
- To go on at least two vacations. I already have a trip for Mexico planned with my family and I hope to fly to Seattle to visit my sister.
- To build up a savings so that if an unexpected event or expense comes up, I don’t feel stressed and scrambling.
- To work on myself. To love myself. To be proud of myself. I put so much pressure on myself and hold myself to such a high standard, and then feel like sh*t when I don’t measure up to that standard.
- To grow my business and blog. I know I need to put more work into both the get the results I want. Frankly I was too overwhelmed last year but I’m determined to grow and succeed this year.
- And most importantly, to grow my relationship with God. Finding out I was pregnant made me realize that I couldn’t do this on my own. I’ve now found a church where I feel loved and accepted, even with the baggage of my past. I’ve gotten involved and started to mentor to a group of High School girls, and I feel like I’m making a difference. Now I need to focus on my relationship with God. I want to grow closer to Him and I know that the closer I get to Him, the better my life can be.
While the goals I set for myself are quite lofty, they are still atainable. My two quotes to live by this year to help me will be “You can accomplish anything you set your mind to” and “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Phillipians 4:13. With God and determination, I can accomplish anything.
I’d love to hear your goals, and how you plan to crush them! Leave a comment below or send me a message through the Contact page. I know you can accomplish anything!